Optimized web page easy and efficient.
This article is showing you how have to look an optimized web page.
If you SEOs (SEO optimizer), then the question you often hear. Unfortunately, no single answer. But, nevertheless, there is a set of useful techniques that help get closer to answering this question. In this post I will share our best recommendations to achieve “perfection” page optimization and location of keywords. Or at least something close to it. Some of our councils confirmed by data, research and testing, while others are based on intuition and common experience. As with all SEO advice, we recommend the constant testing and honing, well, this post will help you begin the process of optimization. Example “perfect” page optimization with the key phrase “chocolate Donuts”: HTML Head Tags
- Title – the most important page element to use keywords or phrases at the beginning of the tag. In our studies, the correlation data, we came to this schedule:
The importance of the query in the tag Title. The horizontal axis – the position of the keyword in the title page, vertical – weight for Google.
Naturally, the use of a key word or phrase at the beginning of the title page has a direct correlation with high rank, while the offset keywords lowers the wound.
- META Description – although this information is not used for the ranking of any one of the leading search engines, this tag is an important place to use keywords or phrases due to the release of these in a brief piece of text (snippet), which is displayed in the search results list. Use of this tag also helps to raise the ratio of clicks (CTR or click-through rate) from the search results, thus increasing traffic from search engines, regardless of the wound page.
- META Keywords – Yahoo! is the only search engine that uses the meta keyword tag to recognize the pages, but not to the ranking. And now, when the system is Microsoft’s Bing search to replace Yahoo !, the last of the reasons for using this tag goes into oblivion. This fact, as well as the danger of the use of keywords in this tag to the study of competition has led to the fact that the SEOmoz never recommend using this tag.
- Robots META – tag is also optional to use. The only thing that this tag should not contain, as an instruction to restrict access of search engines.
- Rel = “Canonical” – more and more complex site (and hence, the larger and more complex organization that is working on it), the more frequently we recommend the use of canonical URL tag to prevent the creation of duplicate pages, unintentionally added rows URL, which will lead to problems with search engines and lead to a waste of potential “juiciness links» (link juice).
- Other Meta tags – tags offered by DCMI or FGDC , look attractive, but currently do not carry nor any benefit to the CEO with the major search engines, as well as create unnecessary complexity and increase the speed of loading pages.
- Length – Short URL-s “perform” better in search results, and most likely it will copy them, rather than long, in order to share them or link them.
- Location keywords – keywords closer to the domain name in the URL, the better. Thus, site.com/keyword performs better than site.com/folder/subfolder/keyword, and so it is the most recommended way to optimize (though it will not bring huge benefits in the ranking)
- Subdomains or Pages? – Despite the slight advantage of the use of keywords in the subdomain of the folders or pages, links algorithms popularity of search engines shift the balance toward the benefits of folders / pages rather than to the side of subdomains.
- Slo dividers in – dash (or hyphen) still occupy niche “kings” among separators URL-ah, and despite promises that underscore receive the same weight discrepancies with other methods lead to the fact that it is necessary to use a dash ( hyphen).
- The number of repetitions keyword – You can not specify the exact number of times or the best uses of keywords on a page. But here’s what we usually serves for a long time. “2-3 times shorter page 4-6 times at high and never more than that required in the context of common sense on the page information.” The resulting effect of another use of the keyword is so low that the aggressive use of this option is simply unreasonable.
- Keyword Density – Being nothing more than a myth, this algorithmic component of keyword density nonetheless tries to capture the minds of even the real masters of SEO optimization. Despite the fact that more frequent use of the keyword has the potential to increase the ranking of, there is no doubt that keyword density has never been a formula for calculating the relevance ranking.
- Using variations of the keyword – It has long been suspected influence of this parameter on the ranking of search engines, which, however, had not been investigated deeply enough, however, can help optimize content and, therefore, he should pay attention to. We recommend the use of at least one or two variations of the keyword, as well as the division of key phrases in the text.
- H1 Title – This H1 tag has long been considered very important to optimize the pages. Our recent correlation studies show that this parameter is very small due to the high sores (almost no, really). But despite the undeniable proof is little correlation between H1 and ranking, we still recommend using it as the title of the page and use the keyword in the title
- Tags H2 / H3 / H4 / Hx – Even less importance than H1, and is therefore recommended the use of these tags only when necessary. These tags do not have (almost) no weight in SEO optimization.
- Alt Attribute – Surprisingly, this attribute has long been considered insignificant, showed a rather serious due to the high sores in the course of our research. Thus, we strongly recommend the use of graphical components (images, photos, etc.) on the important landing pages with the key phrase in the ALT attribute in the tag IMG.
- Image file name – Due to the fact that the image search may result in a sufficiently large amount of traffic on your page, the file names recommended keywords used on the page.
- Bold – Using keywords in Bold (Bold) is well sooooo little weight in SEO, nevertheless recommended the selection of keywords at least once.
- Slope selection – Suddenly, the allocation of the slope (Italics) shows a high correlation with high rankami than isolation Bolden, and therefore it is recommended to use this option for a keyword or phrase in the text.
- The text of internal links (Internal Link Anchors) – No tests have not yet proved that search engines take into account the text in their alogritmah. Or to put it on slang SEOs, title anchor at internal linking is ignored by search engines.
- HTML comments – As above, it is clear that search engines ignore text in the comments.
Internal links and location in the architecture of the site
- Click-Depth – The general recommendation is that the key phrase takes the greater the rank, the higher it will be in the structure of the site, and thus, the less clicks you need to do to get to that URL-a.
- Number and percentage of internal links – Pages, which often refer to, have a higher weight. Therefore, increasing the number of links on the page can help in the ranking (yes, internal links ALSO included).
- Links to content and navigation Permanent – It turns out that Google and other search engines are trying to identify the position on the page as an element in the analysis of reference. Thus, the use of links in the style Wikipedia page body rather than in a permanent navigation may give certain bonus. Do not forget that Google considers only the first link on the page that he sees in HTML.
- Location links in the sidebar and footer (Sidebars & Footers) – Recent patent applications, publications on the search topics, as well as experience of the team and other SEOmoz SEO practitioners suggest that Google probably just stop using links in the footer, and to a lesser extent in the sidebar pages . Thus, if you use the link in permanent navigation, it makes sense to use the top navigation menu (on the content) for the purposes of optimization SEO.
The structure of the page
- Keyword Location – It is recommended that important keywords occur in the first 50-100 words, or even earlier, the content of the page. The search engines seem to prefer those pages in which the keyword appears before the text.
- The structure of content – Some SEO practices argue that the content format – introduction, body, examples, conclusions or journalistic narrative style, data, conclusions or allegory – affects the optimization, but there is no specific data to substantiate this fact. Nevertheless, he considered the ideal format that best suits the content and visitors.
Why we do not always obey these rules?
The answer is quite simple. The truth is that in the process of issuing a great web content we sometimes forget, sometimes ignore, and sometimes deliberately do not obey these rules, the best optimization SEO. Optimizing pages while undoubtedly important, is only part of a larger puzzle forming ranking:
Components algorithm ranking Google (based on a survey of 72 optimizers in the study SEOmoz’s Biennial Search Ranking Factors): Of course, the correct page optimization gives a significant result, but, in my opinion, it is follows the rule of 80 to 20. If you will be able to apply 20% of the main elements (title, URL-s, internal links), which are described in this article, you will get 80% (or even more) of the maximum possible result from the optimization of the page . Practical tips for ranking Interestingly, page optimization (on-page optimization) does not play the most important role in the quest to achieve top ranking. In fact, a complete list of which will lead to the first position, looks like this:
- Availability – content that the search engines will not see or will not reach to that, will never be able to influence the formation of the ranking. So, the availability of content plays the most important role.
- Content – Your site must contain a highly attractive, high-quality material that will not only attract interest, but also encourage visitors to share this information. Viral My Content is the most important factor in calculating the ranking, because it will create the highest conversion rate links (the ratio of those who visited the site, to those who have made reference to it after viewing).
Paging Key Elements (On-Page Elements) – correctly using keywords in the most important elements (headers, URL, internal links) gives a big bonus for ranking pages.
- Visitor experience – ease of use, the interface and the overall impression of the site strongly influence the creation of references and citations, as well as on the conversion ratio and site navigation with the incoming traffic.
- Marketing – I want to say that “the great content is no substitute for good marketing.” Excellent marketing machine or a powerful campaign have the power to attract more links than, say, the content may deserve. And although it may seem unfair, but it is the principle on which capitalism worked for the past hundred years. Disseminate information is often as important (if not more important) than to be right, to be honest or to be valuable.
- Deep Paged Optimization – gently applying all of the above just 5 points – really useful to. But, for better or worse, deservedly being at the very bottom of the list, this optimization does not give the same value for the ranking, rather than the first 5 points.
For a professional optimized web page or a complete Website SEO audit, please fill up the form from Contact Page.